BUILDING SOFTWARE PRODUCTS THAT ENABLE TOWNSHIPS TO
Promote local businesses
- React Native
Mobile App Development
Abilene is a small town in the state of Texas. It wasn’t uncommon for residents of Abilene to reach out to businesses in neighboring towns for services that were easily available within the town. Because of this, businesses in Abilene were losing out on local business and residents were paying a premium to get businesses from out of town to provide the same service that was available in town.
Our client, a lifelong resident of Abilene, Texas, had an idea for an app. He saw an opportunity to promote local businesses in his town while saving money for customers at the same time.
He wanted to create a custom mobile application where people of Abilene could purchase products at a discount while also supporting local businesses in the community. This was a win-win situation as it allowed the town locals to benefit from purchasing products and services at an attractive price and allowed local businesses to connect directly with their consumers. Before this app launched, there were only a few options for businesses to market themselves and get listed in directories. Companies relied on billboards and other traditional advertising avenues to reach new customers and generate revenue.
While the client was considering several firms for the project, they were most impressed by our team’s knowledge, communication, and professionalism.
To develop the solution, we assembled two teams. One team was in charge of developing the mobile app while the other worked on building the backend engine and admin portal.
Admin portal (for business use)
- The admin portal is where business owners can register their business and update personal information such as inventory, offers, and deals.
- They can then add, modify, or delete deals.
- They can also easily activate or de-activate deals at the click of a button.
- We also added a reporting module that showed financial summaries and deal usage reports, which were highly helpful to both the client and the registered businesses.
- The admin portal and the backend engine were developed using Node and MySQL.
Hybrid Mobile application (for customer use)
- The mobile app is where consumers can redeem offers & deals.
- Consumers can see the deals available to them locally or using certain search filters.
- After redeeming the offer, consumers can rate the local businesses from whom they purchased and promote them within the community of Abilene.